Let's talk about SG and HG 4/3rds lenses, just for fun.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Namur
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
Re: Sweet spot - Oly SG & HG 4/3rds lenses
In reply to A Riley, 5 months ago

Actually I find that Oly hit the sweet spot with several of its SG and HG lenses. Oly 4/3 lenses keep me interested despite the move to micro 4:3 (I will probably make that move at some future point when the $$-to-value seems more attractive).

On balance the ZD 12-60 is probably my favorite as the most-used: the ZD 50-200 SWD is of a pair with it - meaning equally excellent - but just too big to travel with, and in use draws unwanted attention from birds and humans. I find the ZD 70-300 the most versatile for the way I like to shoot so, with the 12-60, these two lenses comprise my core kit for travel, supported by an EC 1.4.

Honourable mention in this space must go to the ZD 50 macro, which I just don't use often enough even though I always try to travel with it. To be fair to the 50mm, it's probably the all-round best of the lot mentioned.

I've never used the ZD 35 or 11-22 (yet). The 11-22mm is currently the subject of my 'lens lust' as the w.a. distortion of the 12-60 really leaves a great deal to be desired. I have the 9-18mm (and like it) but would probably trade it for the 11-22.

Namur

Namur's gear list:Namur's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-520 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow