System Switch - Have you done it?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
BellaBull8
Contributing MemberPosts: 839Gear list
Like?
Re: System Switch - Have you done it?
In reply to Segaman, 4 months ago

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far.

I don't do a ton of work with my Alien Bees, but I'm reluctant to give them up. I'd imagine triggers would work fine with the X series but am I missing a key factor?

I can live with the 180th sync speed, and I no longer do event work so having a flash on camera is almost irrelevant now.

I'm of the mind that I would keep the 85 1.8 only because if I do get another DSLR, I'd prefer to wait until I can afford a full frame that would largely be reserved for studio/non-travel work. For local travel I don't mind the extra weight/size but I'm headed to Italy for 6 weeks in September and my back already hurts remembering how heavy my kit was last time I was there - and I had only my 40D setup with 3 lenses then.

IQ is my first priority, and I was considering going to the 70D for my DSLR, mainly b/c of the articulated screen, but I'm not sure it's worth it in regards to IQ vs the 7D, and Fuji seems to best both of them significantly.

Not a video shooter, so video features are a bonus but not a deal maker/breaker.

-- hide signature --

Don't assume. It makes an a** out of you and me.
www.molimogallery.com
www.facebook.com/molimophoto

BellaBull8's gear list:BellaBull8's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow