Some people say the 24-105mm isn't very good... Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,984Gear list
Some people say the 24-105mm isn't very good...
6 months ago

Well I beg to differ. The following shot is a torture test for the 5D2, the lens and Hugin stitching software. It comprises four shots stitched together, which took about 5 minutes to do with Hugin. The aperture was F10 for all four shots, shot on a tripod using liveview, manually exposed. The resulting jpeg is 15mb, there was quite a bit of overlap, Hugin did an incredible job stitching the detail IMHO. Take a good look at the church in the middle and then view it full size, let me know what the time is. I'd say my copy of the 24-105mm is pretty damn good, D800 not required

-- hide signature --

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow