Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 16,282
Like?
spot
In reply to dk76111, 9 months ago

dk76111 wrote:

You are about the 5th or 6th (estimate on my part) person I've seen report this.

I've found the opposite. I've found that it overexposes based on what I'm used to. This is purely judgemental.

Also, have you actully checked to see if the meter reading/mode is giving accuraty exposure results. You can use the Sunny 16 rule (on a sunny 16 day) to see if you get 1/200s in aperture priority at f16 and ISO 200.

For lack of a better term, everything is "brighter" than what came out of my D5000. I've only had the 7100 for a little bit. So I need to look at my metering. I think I've got it on spot and that's why. Aside from that, it's set to the default size (8 mm?).

The default (8mm) only applies to "center weighted" metering mode. Spot will always meter at 3.5mm in the center of the selected focus box, and is not affected by the b4 setting.

Haven't looked at the histogram. But as I said, it's a "feel" thing.

There are other ways to actually check the metering accuracy...not just the sunny 16 rule.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
How?New
spotNew
AlsoNew
TrueNew
sureNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow