Having trouble picking 2nd camera. Considering D800. Need advice.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fotoloco
Regular MemberPosts: 475
Like?
Having trouble picking 2nd camera. Considering D800. Need advice.
8 months ago

I have a regular day job as engineer, but have managed to start-up and maintain a now thriving side business doing mostly portraits. I sold a D7000 and two D700s to fund the purchase of a D4. The intent was to follow up with a D800 and maybe something very simple/small for travel/personal use. It has been now 1-1/2 years with only the D4. Love it, but I do not use it for personal - it is just too big to lug around - especially when flying overseas. I was thinking an EM1 and even bought one, but returned it unopened cause I had second thoughts. I am now back to thinking of a D800. It will for sure be a great addition to the portrait business, there is that, but, also, maybe with a Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC (their version of VR), and a Nikon 70-200 4.0 it would make a relatively small and manageable travel setup that would yield fantastic results. I assume there are a fair number of people out there that use the D800 for casual/personal use and not just as a pro tool. Not sure why am even posting othearticulate hash out my thoughts.

Nikon D4 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow