Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
snakyjake
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Portrait: Which Nikon models?
5 months ago

I'm deciding on a camera for mainly family/young kids portrait photography, and some landscape.  I have started by looking at the Nikon D3300, but also want to consider a camera to grow into as I gain more experience and want my camera to do more for me.

Camera models can span a wide spectrum of photography needs (sports, action, video, macro, or something only a professional taking photos every minute of a full work day would find beneficial), which can provide additional features.

Important features are anything that can help reduce the learning curve to producing the best photos I can compose.  Plus I have kids that aren't good at sitting still.

My question is whether there are other Nikon camera models to consider for my mainly portrait photography?

The D3300 baseline.

The D5300 seems to have added video ergonomics plus more auto-focus points (39 vs 11).  I'm interested in the auto-focus points, but unsure how much that will help produce better focused photos for stills.  Or perhaps the additional focus points are more of a benefit to video/action?

The D7000 ? What more do I get?

The D7100 ? What more do I get?

Full frame?

Thanks,

Jake

Nikon D3300 Nikon D5300 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow