DOF with the Leica X-Vario

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
magneto shot
Senior MemberPosts: 1,159Gear list
Like?
Re: DOF with the Leica X-Vario
In reply to DGPNY, 5 months ago

DGPNY wrote:

While the depth of field on faster lenses will be narrower, the X Vario is certainly no slouch when it comes to creating creamy bokeh and a smooth out-of-focus transitions.

At close focusing distances, the XV's bokeh is really creamy and beautiful - almost artistic.

I have also been pleasantly surprised at the subtle subject isolation that I can sometimes get, even at f:6.3 and with subjects at farther focusing distances.

This, and the lens' rich color and micro contrast rendering makes me realize why this camera costs so much. It really is a beautiful lens.

You are no doubt correct, that an iPhone can create an out-of-focus background in similar circumstances (as can many lenses), but it probably won't be as creamy and pleasing as the bokeh that the XV's lens produces (no insult intended).

yes true, no worries, i am using the iphone example just to show the given context.

-- hide signature --

www.marcuslowphotos.com

magneto shot's gear list:magneto shot's gear list
Leica X Vario Sigma SD15 Leica M9 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Nikon D4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow