Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Telhma
Regular MemberPosts: 377
Like?
The best IQ you can get.
7 months ago

Okej, I have a 1DX and a 135mm Lens, and i want to get the best possible imague quality out of this thing. I tryed allready some kind of things, but i can not test it under the same conditions. so that's why i ask my question.

My 135mm is a very sharp lens, but it still is much sharper at f4/f5.6 then at f2. If i take pictures at S:1/250 A:f4 ISO:100 they look sharper then when i take them at S:1/1000 A:f2 ISO:100. But i am shooting mostly sports, so shuttertime is not realy a thing i want to give up. what means i need to get in to the higher ISO. and yes, shooting a picture att S:1/1000 A:f4 ISO:400 still looks sharper then shooting a picture att S:1/1000 A:f2 ISO:100.

But when i am in a situation where i need ISO800 with a A:f2 to get a shutter speed of 1/1000. it starts to look different, and i need to say i am not sure annymore if my images are sharper if i shoot ISO3200, A:f4, S:1/1000.

If i reach S:1/1000 A:f4 ISO:12800 compaired to S:1/1000 A:f2 ISO:3200. I need to say the images at f2 realy look much better then at f4.

So, my question is: is there somebody who know att what ISO you better go for a little les lens sharpness (leave subject isolation out of it).

Thanks in advance.

Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow