Pull the trigger or wait? D800

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
dwight3
Senior MemberPosts: 2,015Gear list
Like?
Re: Pull the trigger or wait? D800
In reply to Metaxzen, 9 months ago

Metaxzen wrote:

I've been dreaming of buying a D800 for a while now but I am terrified that a new, better version will be coming out soon. Has anyone heard anything on when an update to the D800 might be coming? I'd rather wait 6 months and get the next best thing... Thoughts?

I'm not a fan of waiting.

Yes, there will eventually be the next best thing coming on. But in the meantime you will not be shooting with your D800. Think of all the shots you'll miss. Even in as little as 6 months. Prime outdoor weather (at least in the Northern hemisphere).

And even when a significant update comes along, your camera will still work.

Mid-term updates seem to come along at 2 year intervals. But they're not generally significant, just tweaks. Get one now and start shooting.

Also, remember that camera bodies are disposable, but lenses are forever. Consider getting good lenses and let the bodies fall where they may.

Ps - Hi! I've been lurking for a while...

We can see that. Welcome to the forum with your first post

dwight3's gear list:dwight3's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S52c Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow