Sony A77 vs A99 for Concert Photography

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
c0nstrictor
Forum MemberPosts: 62Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A77 vs A99 for Concert Photography
In reply to nandbytes, 4 months ago

nandbytes wrote:

No I don't refer to rumours becoz they are rumours which mean they may or may not be true. What I am saying is buy a good glass which you will be able to use and get benefits of on your A77. This way you can improve your technique while you save up for a FF camera. By the time you have gathered enough money for camera the price would have come down hopefully.

The other way around you buy body at a more expensive price and not have good glass. On top you may lose money buying cheap lens which you don't want (you will need some lens to go on that body while you save up for that 70-200). When you finally come to buy the lenses after you have saved up again you will find the price has been the same for the lens. I do not see much benefits in this method plus you are losing more money.

Also I am going to add FF is not the answer to all problem. People want full frame for not just high ISO but for DoF etc etc. A99 will give you 2 stops improvement tops and with the cropping and all, you this may even go further down compared to your A77. The new APS-C might even close this gap further to 1-1.5 stops. Look at the example pictures posted on the e-mount forums from the new A6000 you'll notice the ISO performance has improved.

I definitely agree with you, I have decided that I am definitely going to wait now, get great glass, and then switch over to FF, or maybe get the new A77. ¬†Depending on how much is it (compared to the A99 at that time) and how good the specs look. ¬†If it's quite the improvement over the current A77, perhaps I will look into that rather than FF.

c0nstrictor's gear list:c0nstrictor's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow