New Fuji XT-1 or EM1?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
SirPalomid
Forum MemberPosts: 98Gear list
Like?
Re: New Fuji XT-1 or EM1?
In reply to drcPhoto, 5 months ago

drcPhoto wrote:

A new Fuji XT-1 or the E-M1? Obviously, both are going to be great cameras, each with their own special qualities. It appears Fuji really did it pretty right with this new camera and since I was shopping for another camera body, I gave it a good study.

Agree, both are great cameras, with their own strengths and weaknesses.
I think Fuji is better for wide-normal-angle and portraiture, but Olympus excels in tele and overall performance.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can buy a camera body today where there isn't some missing qualities or there aren't a few downsides - the XT-1 or E-M1. With Fuji, much fewer lens options than MFT, no in-body stabilization, no focus peaking, and no touch screen control.

Yes, I miss stabilization with Fuji primes (or any lens attached), Olympus has a great advantage here when shooting city nightscapes, or indoors at museums and etc.
Although you may be wrong that Fuji has no focus peaking - it has one, you can choose color, and you have another focus assists with Fuji. I think for manual focusing it rivals Olympus by great margin.

But Olympus has touch control, great IBIS, faster AF... I think it's still better all-rounder, than X-T1.

In the end, I choose the E-M1 because I already had a pretty extensive selection of 13 MFT lenses (7 auto focus and 6 manual focus), so it made no sense now to have to buy a new Fuji and then get all new lenses.

Yes, I miss some telephoto options with Fuji (especially 100-300mm and 75/1.8), this is first two lenses I plan to get with EM1 (if I buy one).

SirPalomid's gear list:SirPalomid's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
XT-1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow