G1X Mk2 - First sample images ... (PICS)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,739Gear list
Like?
Re: What's the beef with 24mm wide?
In reply to wolfie, 5 months ago

wolfie wrote:

Marco Nero wrote:

I'm right on the fence with this camera. I think it's slightly more versatile than the Mk 1 and would offer some great felexibility in low light with superb image quality with a fixed lens, including a great Macro lens. But there are some things I don't like about it (LCD, 24mm, noise-reduction algorithm etc). The links to samples that were posted here on the forum in the wee hours this morning really impress me.

I'd have thought a step wider than 28mm could only increase its appeal - it certainly does for me. Basically this is a fast lens that covers 90% of my hobby/social/landscape/macro photography.

agree, except it won't cover my macro photography because that requires long tele primes. If the G1X2 optical quality is as good as the EU price suggests, this camera can replace my 'walkaround kit', a 450D with 15-85IS zoom (a combo with similar sensor resolution and zoom range, but 2x the size and weight of the G1X2). I guess the G1X2 will be much better for closeups too, because the 15-85IS closeup performance is awful. For real macro I will stick to DSLR.

G1X2 compared to 450D with 15-85IS

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ha!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow