FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Here Today .. Gone Today! Locked

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,937
Re: FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Here Today .. Gone Today!
In reply to blue_skies, 9 months ago

blue_skies wrote:

ZzzooM3 wrote:

I think this sets a record for me on camera gear. I ordered the FE 24-70mm F4 OSS and it finally arrived today at 1:15PM. I dropped it back to FedEx at 3:15PM!!

I knew it was a bad idea to pre-order just on expectation. I really got caught up in the positive reviews for the FE35 and FE55 and placed the order site and review unseen. I won't be making that mistake again.

At $1200, this lens should be spot on for the entire focal range, not just from 28-60 and it's not fast enough. Shame because Sony had such a good start with the other 2 Zeiss branded FE lens

So, you order a lens that is really build for the A7r and not for the A7 (as the 28-70 kit lens suffices), and within 2 hours after receiving it you realize that this lens is NOT making you a better photographer?

And just how many FF lenses have you used at 24mm f/4? Most are not very sharp in the corners at f4 - you need to stop down more to get that extra sharpness.

Remember that F4 on FF is F2.8 on APS-C and F2.0 on m43? - It is a fairly usable (=fast) f-stop. Remember when f/3.5 on FF was considered fast enough?

How was your copy at F8-F11? Still soft? That is the aperture that I would chose for corner sharpness....

Anyways, how did you decide in two hours that the lens is not for you? I guess that it would take me at least two months to reach such a conclusion...

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

+1

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
And?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow