Let's vote: do you think mFT needs a lens forum at DPR?

Started 9 months ago | Polls thread
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,558Gear list
Like?
Re: Let's vote: do you think mFT needs a lens forum at DPR?
In reply to Trevor Carpenter, 9 months ago

Trevor Carpenter wrote:

Aethon wrote:

Please, God, no!

Why on Earth would anyone want to have to read two or three different forums to find the interesting stuff, rather than just looking at one?

You know, you don't have to read every single thread in the forum. You do realize that, right?

Exactly my feelings. I get the idea that most of the people who bring this up are missing what makes m4/3s such a good system, multiple cameras, mutiple lenses and so many options.

Mine too!

Go away and leave us alone.

Develop an appreciation for a SYSTEM with multiple cameras, etc .....

The major power of MFT is that it is a SYSTEM.  Some folks (from brand-specific forums) who push separation by brand and/or by gear don't yet seem to realize that.

I voted for keeping it like it is ...  no separate lens forum.  I would rather come to ONE place  and make my own decisions about what I want to read.

I pick and chose what I read and really appreciate those posters who clearly label their headers and are specific in their first posts.  Sometimes the discussion wanders OT but some of those are really interesting.  Splitting the forum would not prevent that from happening.

If it ain't broke don't fix it ... especially using criteria from NON-SYSTEM forums.

Tom

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow