Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andrew Ellis
Contributing MemberPosts: 642Gear list
Like?
OMD-EM10 vs OMD-EM5
4 months ago

Looking to potentially purchase one of the above (my first Olympus cameras), and was wondering what the real pros and cons were of each - EM10 vs EM5.

I know the newer EM10 has a much lower price, and potentially at least, better image quality due to the newer sensor and imaging pipeline, but how much better in reality - if at all ? I've seen some pretty stunning images taken with the EM5.

I also know the EM5 has full weather sealing and the 5 axis IBIS (whereas the EM10 isn't weather sealed and only 3 Axis IBIS). Does the EM5 have the latest feature set i.e. focus peaking etc. Also, does the "only" 640k dot screen look much worse than the 1 million k dot screen of the EM10 ?

I think what I am trying to get at is the Em5 is a 2 year old camera - Is it still viable as a new purchase in 2014 with the Em5 sitting below it at a much lower price and seemingly (on paper at least) giving away little to it's bigger brother.

Could any OMD experts chime in please ?

-- hide signature --

Lets make pictures, not war........

Andrew Ellis's gear list:Andrew Ellis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D3 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 +12 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow