Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thxbb12
Senior MemberPosts: 1,736Gear list
Like?
MFT vs Fujifilm lens weight/size comparison
6 months ago

I wanted to quantify the weight and size comparison between equivalent (more or less) lenses in both line ups.

Some lenses are a bit different (MFT 12 and Fuji 14), but this is more to get a rough estimate of whether one would gain much by going the MFT route. Furthermore, the speeds are also a bit different at times.

I only included primes, from the widest available to the classic portrait focal length (~85mm equivalent).

Note that I included results for two 85mm equivalent focal lengths: one with the Olympus 45mm f1.8 and the other with the new Panasonic 42.5 f1.2 (numbered "MFT (2)").

As we can see there are significant gains both in term of size and weight by going the MFT route. Also, the gain is much less if one choose the Panasonic instead of the Olympus, at the cost of speed/DOF of course. Also, overall the Fuji offers more speed and DOF control (obviously). So, as everything in life, it's all a matter of trade-offs.

thxbb12's gear list:thxbb12's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow