Like?
Re: A7r 24-70 vs Nex-7 16-70 vs EM1 12-40
In reply to bigley Ling, 9 months ago

bigley Ling wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

captura wrote:

bigley Ling wrote:

captura wrote:

There were a few reported instances of the 12-40 lens, which has plastic construction, breaking in half.

That is indeed interesting, care to share the link where this is reported?

I have dropped my 12-40mm and it has not fallen in half. Anyhow the 12-40 lens is a well balanced lens that mates the E-M1 extremely well. The idea of incorporating more metal internal components would add much weight, and the overall portability of the lens will be compromised.

That was reported and discussed on the M43 Talk forum about a month ago. 4 screws from the metal body mount through and into the plastic housing! Imagine, screws and not bolts.

Here's the truth about most lens we own...

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/12/assumptions-expectations-and-plastic-mounts

I have dropped my RX1 several times, a friend of mine dropped his once and paid $1300 USD to repair it...I have dropped my EM1 and 12-40 as well and first thing I did was check the lens mount, tight as ever...

NOW, the A7r flange mount is so loose I can tweak the lens and get light in between the flanges...thats criminal on Sony's part...

I dropped the light Nex-7 with the 10-18 and destroyed the 10-18, it basically jammed up inside itself...$800 drop error!

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

nicely said this covers it well. The 12-40mm works well for me, and has not fallen in half yet! touch wood.

Hearing nothing but good stuff about the RX1 cameras.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow