E-M1 to A7 movers: What do you miss?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,196
Like?
Re: E-M1 to A7 movers: What do you miss?
In reply to Alex Notpro, 7 months ago

Alex Notpro wrote:

Looking for any A7 owners who are also current/former EM1 owners...

What capabilities or features do you miss the most (if any) in moving from the EM1 to the A7?

Anything from minor annoyances to major omissions by Sony?

PLEASE don't try to compare Full Frame versus Micro Four Thirds, that is not the point of this thread.

I'm specifically interested in USABILITY of these cameras, how they handle in the field, etc... the kind of subtle differences you won't find by reading the spec sheets.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Not E-M1 and A7 but GX7 and A7.

The things I like about m4/3....small and good lenses, stabilized body, good bang for buck and size IQ. Some of the other things I like are GX7 specific so wont go there.

I shoot a lot of action in low light so the A7 is to me, the far better camera.....much better with manual focus lenses (and I use many lenses on both), the A7 EVF is reason enough for me to be the difference. a7 focus peaking is far better than the GX7 (does the E-M1 have peaking?).

I guess, I would say the top end m4/3 cameras are the better cameras (maybe I should say the more refined camera...A7 is like a rawboned kid you just know is going to be good at some sport).... in some ways but the A7 gives better results in some ways.

Other than macro and longer telephoto stuff, I would take the A7 most of the time over m4/3.....love both though.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow