Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,017Gear list
Like?
EM-1 and Ricoh GR better than 70D on DXOmark? No
4 months ago

I am trying to understand this, please no fanboy replies.  I was looking at the 70D because Canon has a lot more flash options than M43 cameras and I am planning some more of that.

I am just looking around at what cameras can do what and how they compare.  I was disappointed to see these numbers for the 70D considering this is Canons newest sensor.  I understand these categories, but not sure how these would compare in the real world or how the noise would look.

But in this comparison the Ricoh GR had the highest score, next EM1, and in last was Canon's new 70D.

http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Olympus-OM-D-E-M1-versus-Canon-EOS-70D-versus-Ricoh-GR___909_895_874

I am not a fanboy of any brand, just researching and trying to understand how these sensors stack up.

What are your thoughts? I know many of you are educated and hope for some knowledgeable replies.

-- hide signature --
 phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 RX100 III +1 more
Canon EOS 70D Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow