FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Here Today .. Gone Today! Locked

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
ZzzooM3
Regular MemberPosts: 270Gear list
Re: FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Here Today .. Gone Today!
In reply to Mel Snyder, 9 months ago

Mel Snyder wrote:

ZzzooM3 wrote:

I think this sets a record for me on camera gear. I ordered the FE 24-70mm F4 OSS and it finally arrived today at 1:15PM. I dropped it back to FedEx at 3:15PM!!

I knew it was a bad idea to pre-order just on expectation. I really got caught up in the positive reviews for the FE35 and FE55 and placed the order site and review unseen. I won't be making that mistake again.

At $1200, this lens should be spot on for the entire focal range, not just from 28-60 and it's not fast enough. Shame because Sony had such a good start with the other 2 Zeiss branded FE lens

1. How do you know the copy you got performed poorly except between 28 and 60mm? Just because 10-20% of the lenses received here had issues, how do you know YOURS was defective? You didn't even fire a few shot to test it?

Because I took pictures with it dude! Did I say I didn't use it? At min focal length and min aperture, it starts to get sketchy away about from the center. Likewise at 70mm. Are you getting different results?

2. It's not fast enough? How fast does it need to be for a camera that shoots 1600 ISO that looks like 200 ISO on an APC-camera?

f/2.8 would be ideal IMO. So we're supposed to drive our sensor sensitivity up now to compensate in lower light.

3. Have you ever owned an f2.8 lens of this range? I have two 28-75mm f2.8 Tamron XR Di full frame lenses, and even with plastic barrels, they are WAY heavier and bigger front elements.

Yes, perhaps you should look at my gear list

I guess if you don't know how to evaluate a lens, you shouldn't buy them.

... and what "evaluation standard" do I need to follow in order for you to like my response better?? I evaluated it on my terms. I didn't like it. I returned it. Sorry you don't seem to like that. Perhaps you will have better results. As long as you like it, that's what matters. I see no need to imply I'm clueless just because you don't like what I have to say. It's an open forum right?

ZzzooM3's gear list:ZzzooM3's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +8 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
And?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow