FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Here Today .. Gone Today! Locked

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
NomadMark
Regular MemberPosts: 448Gear list
Re: Well...
In reply to David Lozoya, 4 months ago

David Lozoya wrote:

The ONLY zoom lens that I have used/owned that was sharp to the corners at all apertures with minimal distortion was the fantastic Olympus 12-40 f2.8. You have to see it to believe it. No other zoom comes close.

-- hide signature --

www.davidlozoya.com

Aye. But it's also MFT? Right? And with corrections turned off in camera, it appears distortion may be worse with that lens. On quick google anyway.

I'm no engineer, but I would venture to guess that it's probably easier to make a sharp lens for a smaller sensor? And it's $1000 still.

I can respect your opinion. And the experience you have had. Perhaps the 12-40 is exceptional. But as far as full frame lens engineering goes, 24-70 FE for 1200 seems to be par. And it's my opinion it will give you more pleasing images than the 12-40mm on the whole, because it's taking advantage of the best full frame sensors on the market. I wouldn't buy a MFT camera. Probably wouldn't use one if it were given to me...even with the 12-40. That's just me of course.

I love my 24-105L. And I can't wait to do a direct comparison later in the month.

NomadMark's gear list:NomadMark's gear list
Sony RX1R Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +7 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
And?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow