FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Here Today .. Gone Today! Locked

Started Mar 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
This thread is locked.
Contributing MemberPosts: 532Gear list
Re: Well...
In reply to David Lozoya, Mar 4, 2014

David Lozoya wrote:

The ONLY zoom lens that I have used/owned that was sharp to the corners at all apertures with minimal distortion was the fantastic Olympus 12-40 f2.8. You have to see it to believe it. No other zoom comes close.

-- hide signature --

Aye. But it's also MFT? Right? And with corrections turned off in camera, it appears distortion may be worse with that lens. On quick google anyway.

I'm no engineer, but I would venture to guess that it's probably easier to make a sharp lens for a smaller sensor? And it's $1000 still.

I can respect your opinion. And the experience you have had. Perhaps the 12-40 is exceptional. But as far as full frame lens engineering goes, 24-70 FE for 1200 seems to be par. And it's my opinion it will give you more pleasing images than the 12-40mm on the whole, because it's taking advantage of the best full frame sensors on the market. I wouldn't buy a MFT camera. Probably wouldn't use one if it were given to me...even with the 12-40. That's just me of course.

I love my 24-105L. And I can't wait to do a direct comparison later in the month.

NomadMark's gear list:NomadMark's gear list
Sony RX1R Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +8 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow