D700 - Where to go next?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
pcm81
Contributing MemberPosts: 693
Like?
Re: D700 - Where to go next?
In reply to Dave George, 9 months ago

Dave George wrote:

Must say thanks to everyone for your thoughts on this subject.

The more I think about it I really do believe that the Nikon line up is superb, the gap that we D700 owners "see" may not actually be as big an issue as we think, but nevertheless it is clear that no direct replacement exists for what was and still is an excellent bit of kit.

It's interesting to hear all of your thoughts on this subject, I might add that I am seeking a second body and not a new one because there are issues with the D700, it is great at everything - just that when looking to add a second body you ideally want something that matches it in most respects and improves where possible...seems that is the D4!

If you want a point and shoot that works better in low light than d700 than d4 is your only choice. If however you are willing to slow down and pay attention to your technique, nothing beats the IQ of d800. Unless you are already shooting "slow" with good technique, you will hate d800 for the first  weeks, but once you learn to "respect" d800 it will blow your mind.

-- hide signature --

1. D800 is the first camera with resolution so high that it simply does not matter.
2. Most people who do not own/shoot d800 misunderstand it. Color depth and accuracy in addition to resolution is what makes d800 great. Resolution alone is over rated.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow