Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 11,018Gear list
Like?
Olympus 25 f1.8 Unboxing
6 months ago

I pre-ordered the Olympus 25 f1.8 from my local camera store and it came in this afternoon.  Just incase anyone is interested I took some unboxing photos.

PL 25/1.4 and Olympus 25/1,4

PL 25/1.4 and Olympus 25/1.8

PL 25/1.4 and Olympus 25/1.8 with hoods reversed.  Note that the lens hood don't reverse on the PL.

I found a pet in the house that didn't run away from me at the sight of new camera gear.

The Olympus 25/1.8 is a very well built lens.  It is built like the Olympus 45/1.8.  It is constructed of plastic but doesn't feel cheap.  The lens fits on the camera a little tighter than any of my other lenses.  The lens hood fits really good.  The beauty ring that hides the hood mount threads was a little difficult to remove.  It is now back in the box to never be place back on the lens.  The black color is very nice.  Many thanks to Olympus to include the lens hood.

I haven't done any comparison photos between the two 25mm lenses.  I do like how the Olympus lens is more compact and that the lens hood does reverse on the lens for storage.  It should make it easy to store in the camera bag.

I also believe the store has a few more 25/1.4 lenses and they do have the E-M10 in stock.

Many thanks for taking the time to look.

Dave

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +25 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow