1DX for amateur

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
l_d_allan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,368Gear list
Like?
Re: 1DX for amateur
In reply to rbarta, 9 months ago

rbarta wrote:

With 5 cameras and 12 lenses listed in your gear list, seems like you are a gear junkie too, hahaha!!!

Guilty as charged. My wife uses a term other than 'gear junkie" ...

However, I started with a very entry level 2mpx Canon Powershoot 10+ years ago, and loved it. Got stolen, and upgraded to Lumix PowerZoom. Loved it, but quite a few limitations.

Upgraded to the sub-Rebel Canon XS / 1000d and loved it almost to death ... tens of thousands of pictures within months, and it somehow overheated. Canon allowed me to upgrade to a refurb 50d, and then a year or so later got a reasonable deal on the 5d2.

I got worried when I got well past the 150k expected life of the 5d2 shutter, and the battery started acting glitchy. Came across a great deal on the 6d. But perhaps I'm being a bit defensive and rationalizing my expensive hobby?

BTW: it turns out that MagicLantern has a webpage for the actual count of shutter activations when a 5d2 shutter gave out ... IIRC it was about 350k, so my worries may have been unwarranted.

l_d_allan's gear list:l_d_allan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow