Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,395
Like?
Re: It's the lens
In reply to Bart Hickman, 4 months ago

Bart Hickman wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

It is the lens that is giving way, we all know the Nex-7 Sensor is phenomenal and probably one of the best sensors to date...but it needs glass to resolve no matter how good the sensor is...so larger diameter lens would definitely help the Nex and A7 series...distortion correction is a killer of IQ...

IF the Nex-7 would have had the same light as the A7r and EM1 it would have helped as well...it didn't plain and simple...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

You're not comparing like sizes and getting fooled by the Oly processing. The NEX-7 image is resolving more detail. If you need iron-clad confirmation, try doing a spectral analysis on the two images. The NEX-7 will have much higher spatial bandwidth.

I would hesitate to make any conclusion on this comparison, but if I had to, I'd say the Oly is soft.

Bart

-- hide signature --

Sorry Bart, we'll have to agree to disagree...I let my eyes tell me what is detailed and whats not...I see (take) a lot of soft/mushy images so I know what they look like...lol...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow