Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeNannie
Regular MemberPosts: 407Gear list
Like?
Sony a-mount retro design interest?
6 months ago

I've been reading about the new Fuji X-T1 with great interest as I wait impatiently for the next Sony a-mount camera. I love the retro style of the new Fuji, and the Nikon DF, and was hoping that Sony would introduce something like that style. Maybe a revised Minolta 7D.

I was slightly disappointed to read about the rumored a77 Mark II. Is that the best Sony could come up with for a name?  Hope that changes

The Fuji x-tran system is really interesting to me. And, it sounds like Fuji does a great job of listening to its customers, even offering firmware updates to older cameras to improve or add functionality. They apparently also have some seriously nice glass. What is yet to be determined is how fast the autofocus system is on the new X-T1. They claim, like Sony did on the A6000, to have the fastest autofocus. Time will tell.

Anyone else find the retro styling from other manufacturers interesting?

Anyone else growing impatient waiting for the next a-mount?

Considering moving to a new system?

MikeNannie's gear list:MikeNannie's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon Df Sony a6000 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow