ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rickjames8
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Looking for an automatic photo-a-day solution
5 months ago

Hello,

I've recently moved in to a house with a pretty amazing view which should change nicely with the seasons. I'd like to find a way to automatically take a photo a day from the same window. The best time of day for these photos would be around mid-day, and I'm not home at that time during the week. Furthermore, I'd rather have something automated to try to have the resulting video more fluid. If I take the photo manually, there would be slight changes in where I stand, whereas a suction-cup mount should keep things uniform.

At the risk of getting flamed here, I'll state I am not overly concerned with resolution. It's more of a pet project. To that end, I bought a surveillance camera and although I was able to program it to take daily 5-second videos, the image is just way too grainy. I guess that's what I should expect from a $30 ebay find?

I'm looking to find something which can accomplish this for under $100. If anyone here has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. I have an old Olympus TG-310 I could donate to the project if there was a device I could hook up to it.

One idea I had was to use something like this: http://www.supercircuits.com/mobile-security/mobile-cameras/high-res-windshield-mount-mobile-camera-dvr-mc104dvr   It has motion detection, so it's able to take photos on it's own, but not under a daily program.   So I know the technology could exist within my budget, but I haven't been able to find it.

If any experts know that I can't do this for under my budget, I'll continue to take my weekend photos and do my best.

Thanks,

-Rick

ANSWER:
Olympus TG-310
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow