Let's vote: do you think mFT needs a lens forum at DPR?

Started 9 months ago | Polls thread
Joseph T Lewis III
Senior MemberPosts: 1,687Gear list
Like?
Re: Use the "Filter by product" tool at the top of the main MFT Talk page
In reply to 453C, 9 months ago

453C wrote:

No need for separate forums. Look at the forum header.

"Filter by product" and/or just Search for what you want. Problem solved.

I don't mean to beat the dead horse to a bloody pulp (figuratively speaking) but in all honesty, if I am interested in a given topic I just do a search on it to start with. That way I get a list of "hits" that include not only DPR threads, but also posts in other forums and blogs.  I browse the various DPR forums for entertainment / enlightenment / amusement and to pick up random bits of knowledge on all manner of subjects, but NOT as the primary vehicle to quickly find a particular piece of information.  The chances of finding exactly what I want on the first or second page of the forum at any particular time is really pretty remote.

IMHO, the same would hold true even if the forum were split out into separate M4/3 Cameras and M4/3 Lenses.   For example, one could be interested in the Pansonic 7-14, but would have to crawl through all kinds of posts about the new Olympus pancake zoom, the new Panasonic 12-32, the new Olympus 25mm, which lens is better for the GM1, which macro lens is better, lens xyz is demonstrating shutter shock (!!), why is the new xyz lens so expensive compared to FF lenses, etc etc.  So, they would end up having to do a search anyway.

-- hide signature --

--

Tom

Joseph T Lewis III's gear list:Joseph T Lewis III's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow