Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
nandbytes
Senior MemberPosts: 3,708Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A77 vs A99 for Concert Photography
In reply to c0nstrictor, 9 months ago

c0nstrictor wrote:

You guys just keep it going. Thank you.

About the cropping, I don't really crop down my images too much, and I do realize that FF's have a smaller focal length with the same camera, however, I will consider that, as I may need to with the A99. So thank you for bringing that to my attention.

And I know I should focus (haha) on glass. I may do that, and perhaps in the Summer or Fall I will look into the A99 again.

Yes or else there might be a better APS-C camera, the A77 replacement. A99 will sure go down in price by then too. Good glass rarely drop in price much unless a replacement is released but even then they hold thier price pretty well (Eg: 70-200 G and 70-200 G2 OR 70-400 G and 70-400 G2). While the price of G versions did drop, but not massively, compared to camera bodies which will go down in price like we recently saw with A99.

nandbytes's gear list:nandbytes's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony a77 II Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow