24-70 F4 blows away my kit lens

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Ramius
Forum MemberPosts: 77
Like?
Re: 24-70 F4 blows away my kit lens
In reply to CM L, 7 months ago

Im not taking anyones word here about quality control. I dont think anyone in a forum like this is qualified to make a statement about mass production within the optics industry.

Its very easy to say something like that, because you naturally see different results from different people. But theres no scientific proof at all here. Just different pictures and different opinions.

Production of components such as this, is so expensive and thoroughly thought through that it would be an absolute scandal if it yielded such varying results. You got world the top engineering countries in the world involved here, Japan and Germany. There is so much expensive machinery involved to make each part absolutely identical. Things are meassured down to micrometers with lasers and tested with computers that meassures each product performs after specifications before shipping out.

This leaves no question in my mind, that accusations about bad quality control and "broken" products are fals.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
GeesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow