Importance of gear ...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 1,912Gear list
Like?
Re: Do you look at the gear, or the photographs?
In reply to Mark_A, 4 months ago

Mark_A wrote:

Do you look at the gear, or the photographs?

When I am with photographers it is sometimes interesting to chat about gear.

But when I am looking at photographs it is often impossible to tell what gear was used to make an image. I like that, it evens the field between people who spent many thousands on gear and those who perhaps only spent hundreds.

In the final analysis for me, it is the image that matters.

Mark

Sure but that's not what I meant. I went to Goa in 1987 and one day I went to the then famous flea market north of Baga Beach. There were some "senior" transcendental dudes around and basically told the tourists: NO CAMERAS!! There was the infamous ganja scene so they just wanted to be cautious. I had an F3 and one of the guys told me that I was ok, "professional" ... so I took some amazing shots of Northern Indian people and was left alone, I felt highly privileged. Admittedly one of the few occasions where I benefitted big time from having the "right" gear.

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow