So Long Fuji

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Sal Baker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,599Gear list
Like?
Re: So Long Fuji
In reply to trueview, 4 months ago

trueview wrote:

I do wish all the best to the OP, and fully understand how landscape photography benefits from ultimate resolution.

I'm not a landscape photographer at all. But interestingly, buying into fuji X system has gotten me more into landscapes. That's because the lightweight of the camera allows me to take it on walks with family or friends, and take the occasional shot when I run into nice scenery with the right lighting.

Now this type of casual approach will not take me to the level of those seriously practicing landscape photography, planning their trips, selecting the right time and right hardware. Nor would it cut it if I were doing it for a living. But I do thoroughly enjoy practicing and improving my skills in this, for me, unusual field of photography.

So, paradoxically, I'm doing landscape with a camera that has less resolution than my FF dslr. But in the end, I like the results which match my, I admit, modest needs.

This was taken with the X pro 1 and 18mm.

The Fuji's are great for landscapes and urban landscapes.  it's simple to turn your camera into an giga-pixel machine.  Since I'm almost always using a tripod for images destined for very large prints, I bought and learned to use good stitching software.  It doesn't take long to learn the concept.  Once you do you can even shoot for stitched images hand-held.  Noise, most lens flaws and resolution limits pretty much disappear in a multi-row stitched image.  Just drag the series of shots into good software (I use PTGui Pro) and the rest is automatic.   The software finds, aligns, and blends the final image.  I recently used my X-E2 to shoot an 95mp image of a historical building for a 30x40 inch print.  Obviously, this only works for static images.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow