Importance of gear ...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 1,898Gear list
Like?
Re: Importance of gear ...
In reply to Jim Cassatt, 4 months ago

Jim Cassatt wrote:

I have both a Fujifilm Kit and Canon 5d MKIII/II kit. To some degree, the equipment does not matter. I do feel more at home with the canon equipment just because I have been using full frame Canon cameras since 2006 and the user interface has not changed very much. I know what that camera can do and what the limitations are. I am not so comfortable with my Fuji cameras and there are more limitations.

OTH, sometimes I think subjects may react differently. I still work with models who have had experiences with GWC's (guys with cameras who do photography to see women in their undies or less). I can see their confidence build when I show up with a my MKIII with 24-105 f4L.

-- hide signature --

You made a good point here, imagine a guy with an M240 and 90mm lens versus a Digital Rebel, might make all the difference for the model re her or his confidence!

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow