Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sol Invictus
Regular MemberPosts: 276Gear list
Like?
Best travel lens for 70D? (18-xxx) range
5 months ago

Hello. I would like to know what are my best options for a travel lens in EF-S mode that will have image stabilization and would reach from 18mm to around 135-200mm.

I was thinking about Canon (18-135 & 18-200), Sigma and Tamron lenses. What I need is the best available image quality mostly at ~18mm up to portrait focal length as the longer mm are not so important. As all of them provide good results at the center, my choice will be based on edge/corner blur as well as IS performance. Price is not that important. I've read various reviews about some lenses but it seems that real life and actual user experience is far better than the known reviews out there.

Thanks in advance

-- hide signature --

To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold Infinity in the palm of your hand and Eternity in an hour...

Sol Invictus's gear list:Sol Invictus's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS ACDSee Pro 5 HDRsoft Photomatix Pro DxO Optics Pro Elite +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow