Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
rrccad
Senior MemberPosts: 2,566Gear list
Like?
Re: you have a narrow-minded view of the benefits of compact size
In reply to T3, 5 months ago

T3 wrote:

justmeMN wrote:

Neither an EOS M with an 18-55mm lens nor an SL1/100D with an 18-55mm lens will even come close to fitting in my jeans pocket. An EOS M in a camera bag is just as convenient/inconvenient as an SL1/100D in a camera bag.

The whole notion that size is irrelevant unless it can "fit in my jeans pocket" is really absurd, and narrow-minded. LOL. There's a lot more to the size issue than merely the "jean pocket" test.

First of all, you are showing a startling incapacity to understand that it isn't just about the camera body and a single lens, it's about being able to carry a camera with a complement of lenses in your bag. Mirrorless lenses are absolutely more compact than DSLR lenses.

really?

i didn't know the world only shot with sub 70mm lenses.

of course looking at 70-200's totally blow your pet theory of them being as you say: absolutely more compact than DSLR lenses.

I guess nikon and canon should stop manufacturing anything about 70mm because clearly no one uses those lenses.

any lens above around 50mm depending on lens design, will show negligible difference in size.

rrccad's gear list:rrccad's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow