Started Mar 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,791Gear list
Re: So Long Fuji
In reply to slimandy, Mar 3, 2014

slimandy wrote:

gotompoes wrote:

slimandy wrote:

I've just bought my first Fuji body and will buy my next very soon. I stll have 3 systems but will whittle it down. The one I have used the most but will sell first is Nikon FX because I'm fed-up with the weight of FF lenses. I'm suprised you prefer FF for travel. You must need more pixels than me!

-- hide signature --

A DF with 2 or 3 primes is quite small. I you in zoom lenses you are right.

I thought I'd love the Df but I don't. It doesn't feel good in my hands. It doesn't get me more pixels than Fuji either, not that that's an issue. The FX primes I like tend to be very heavy. I could use lighter ones but then I don't see the advantage in the Df. It's still big in comparison and costs a lot more too. I can sell all my FF gear and buy as much Fuji gear as I want and have change, or I can buy a Df and some small lenses for about £3k extra. No, the advantages of FF over the alternatives no longer out-weigh the disadvantages for my purposes. The X-T1 reminds me of my favourite old Nikon F3 more than the Nikon Df does.

-- hide signature --

Haha, funny you should mention the F3: I used to travel the world (literally all over...) with an F3 plus a 24/2.8 and a 105/2.5 which I later replaced with an 85/1.8 ... that was bearable!

But you are right, I guess one of the things I like about the X-E2 I use at the moment, is the fact that it reminds me of the olden days, the best of the olden days that is!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow