Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mjdundee
Contributing MemberPosts: 771Gear list
Like?
Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS on Olympus OM-D E-M10
4 months ago

I am completely new to MFT and I am looking for a compact solution with a wideanglezoom starting at 24mm/film eqv. Thought soething like the promissed Canon G1 X was a desireable combination but I am not sure about the sensor and strange flip screen at all.

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 looks very promissing small body that offers a lot of what I desire.

I am looking for basic dials with easy manual control for shutter speed and aperture (paralell) as well as ISO. Olymous MFT is famous for sharp results which I prefer for landscapes over low light performance but they don't offer a compact zoom like the pana 12-32.

So - the camera body has a sensor shift image stabilisation - the Panasonic Lens has Mega OIS -

What - or is there a choice when combining the two.

Are there any function restrictions or drawbacks - for the camera or the lens?

I have been to two major shops but none of the salesmen could answer my questions properly.

They told me I could combine the two but didn't know how it will work out or not.

mjdundee's gear list:mjdundee's gear list
Olympus Stylus 720 SW Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot SX240 HS Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow