Technological specs or taking pictures...?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Turnip Chops
Forum MemberPosts: 83Gear list
Like?
Technological specs or taking pictures...?
6 months ago

I read this forum on a regular basis and have found it a great source of information, views and opinion on all things photographic and specifically Canon as I use one or two. I think there are some great people on here with lots of knowledge accumulated over time and happily shared with lesser souls like me. I often come on here with a query, and find that it's already been answered by a sage owl so I don't have to post a question. So thanks for lots of answers given to me without your knowing it. So, what am I going to moan about?
Well, its not a moan really, more of a comment. I find an increasing number of threads preoccupied with the micro technological innards of a camera, wishlists for a few more megapixels, more esoteric sensor design or the inability of Canon to 'keep up' with the competition. I can't help wondering if some people are like the camera equivalents of HiFi boffins who are more interested in the technology than the music. It sometimes seems that the photosites of a sensor, the megapixels it has are more important than a cameras only purpose, to take good pictures and in the right hands, excellent pictures. Haven't they always done this? Or does photography begin and end with the latest gadgetry?

I'm sure I will get some stick, but the comments are just my view with no malice intended.

Fraser.

A turnip for all seasons...

Turnip Chops's gear list:Turnip Chops's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow