Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chary zp
Regular MemberPosts: 434Gear list
Like?
D7100 OVF aliasing?
7 months ago

I am preparing a review of D7100 together with Sigma 18-35/1,8 and I have found some interesting thing. When I try to manual focus on really wide aperture, it is just a matter of tiny bit focusing ring movement to get something in focus or not. AND what surprised me the most was that the accurate focus is actually confirmed in OVF by aliasing on skew object like grass stalks. When I had Olympus C720 in the old days the AF was not stellar and by aliasing in the EVF I was sure that it actually focused. But in OVF?

Can anybody explain the logic behind it?

This is NX export at 40% for bandwidth and capacity reasons, no processing whatsoever. I was sitting about two meters away focusing manually on the two stalks in the middle and the aliasing helped me to make this:

chary zp's gear list:chary zp's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D90 Nikon D200 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +8 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow