24-70 F4 blows away my kit lens

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
CM L
Regular MemberPosts: 227Gear list
Like?
Re: 24-70 F4 blows away my kit lens
In reply to Ramius, 4 months ago

Ramius wrote:

I think you´re all on the verge of a creating a huge rumor thats most probably wrong, about a quality difference between same lenses.

I do not believe for a second that Sony or Zeiss, are mass producing lenses that are inequal in quality. Thats why they are using Zeiss quality controll procedure, to prevent that exact dilemma.

It comes as absolutely no surprise that a kit lens performs poor, compared to a high end lens. When someone says the kit lens should be much better, that raises a big question mark to me. There can be many motives for saying such a thing.

Ramius, I am sure we see a lot more of the negative stuff than the postive regarding lenses here, but all the same there has been frightenly many reports about QC-related issues such as decentering with the 16-70 and 24-70.

There should just simply be less of that with such a high priced lens. I was considering the 16-70 as well, but I will not buy it for now because of the quality variations (and I've seen both great and bad images from that lens).

CM L's gear list:CM L's gear list
NEX5R Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
GeesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow