Dear Canon, I'm not buying anymore DSLR Gear get on with the M

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
tomtom50
Senior MemberPosts: 2,395Gear list
Like?
Re: Speaking of lens size... (Convenience)
In reply to justmeMN, 5 months ago

justmeMN wrote:

Neither an EOS M with an 18-55mm lens nor an SL1/100D with an 18-55mm lens will even come close to fitting in my jeans pocket. An EOS M in a camera bag is just as convenient/inconvenient as an SL1/100D in a camera bag.

I put an RX100 in my jeans pocket, although not for long, just to keep my hands-free for a bit.

I agree nothing larger goes into jeans pockets, but for us who live in colder climates jacket pockets do exist.

In that case either my EOS-M with 22mm or Nex 3n with 16-50 pancake zoom fit really nicely.

Even when I do use a bag I put the NEX 3n with four lenses (kit zoom, 16mm pancake, 19mm Sigma, 30mm Sigma) in a really small bag (Ruggard Streak 16). No DSLR, including the SL1, would fit the kit zoom and three primes in a bag that small and also weigh very little.

I mention the NEX because I have more lenses for it. The EOS-M easily fits with the 22mm, the lit zoom, and an EF 50mm f1.4 on an EF adapter.

Bag portability is more about the lenses than the body, and mirrorless lenses are smaller.

tomtom50's gear list:tomtom50's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS M Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sony Alpha NEX-3N
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow