INTERNET ETIQUETTE.......ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fotolopithecus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,699Gear list
Like?
INTERNET ETIQUETTE.......ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
4 months ago

I only started using computers, and the internet in 2006 because that's roughly when I was thinking about switching to digital. Since then I've noticed here, and there, that there are actually people who get all bent out of shape if you use caps to make text larger. They say you're yelling, and become all offended, even when they know full well that you're not using caps the way they say. IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT THINKS THESE FOLKS HAVE LOST THEIR MINDS? I've noticed similar things from people who feel they must comment on how much they disapprove of anyone cracking a joke in a thread. WHAT ON EARTH IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE! Too much free time, looking for any possible excuse to be offended, or simply constipated.

To be honest I have no problem with people using caps because it's easier to read, and here's the salient point......even if they are yelling, I CAN'T HEAR THEM! So here we are in a medium where we can neither see each other, nor hear each other, and yet we still find ways to get our underwear in a knot over things so absurd that's for quite a while I thought it was a joke. I've even seen peple git affended by typos, grammar, or misspelt stuff. Now granted, I'm not a complete anarchist, but good grief, it's a site for talking about photographic gear, not writing a literary masterpiece.

So I'd just like to apologize unreservedly for screaming through all this whole post, ah...... but I guess you think I was shouting only when I used the caps, how little you know me you uptight prunes, and you know who you are.

fotolopithecus's gear list:fotolopithecus's gear list
Nikon D610 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BSNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow