So Long Fuji

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,459Gear list
Like?
Re: How methodical was the decision
In reply to nostatic, 7 months ago

nostatic wrote:

A7r is capable of creating spectacular files. It requires that the user pays attention to what is going on, and you need *really* good glass to make it work. The 55/1.8 is such a lens. For landscape you'll want wider and right now that means you'll have to adapt something but there are a lot of options.

Adapting other lenses is the big strength of almost all mirrorless and a major weakness of Nikons.  In Nikon DSLRs the mount-to-sensor distance is long and that prevents cross-adapting other lenses unless the adapter actually has a good optic in it.  The Sony seems to me to be the better full-frame choice at this time.

X cameras can even adapt C-mount lenses!  I'm sure the Sony is pretty much as versatile too.

I'd like to see a full-frame X(b) camera.  I think it would be very interesting to see what Fujifilm expertise would do with full-frame.  With the mirrorless market in the doldrums these days, it might be quite a while before we see such a product.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow