ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pasmia
Contributing MemberPosts: 517Gear list
Like?
Wireless flash options differences
5 months ago

TLDR @ the end...

From what I understand, using remote flash to trigger an off camera flash as well as using RF transceivers and receivers to trigger off camera flash are the two ways to shoot an off camera flash. What's the difference between the two? Why would someone prefer to use one over the other? If my camera already has remote flash, would it be overkill to invest in an RF transceiver/receiver?

As for RF transceivers/receivers, what's the difference between PocketWizards, Cowboystudios, and Yongnuo?

My specific situation is with an Olympus Pen 5 camera and I have an FL600R and I am looking at purchasing 3 yongnuo flashes. I'm considering picking up the 560II or 560III. From what I understand, the only difference is that the 560III is compatible with the Yongnuo RF triggers without having to use a receiver on the flash itself (it has it built in). If this is the case, I do have a set of Cowboy studio triggers as well as wireless control in the Olympus camera and the 560II seems to suit my needs just find.

TLDR: What's the real difference between using onboard flash to wirelessly trigger off camera flash vs using an RF trigger set up and when would you use one over the other?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow