Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ken Croft
Contributing MemberPosts: 553Gear list
Like?
Macro with the SX50
5 months ago

I guess that many folk are attracted to the SX50 because of its long zoom, but it has other uses. I am not particularly in love with my SX50 but sometimes it does surprise me. I had a macro shot that I needed to take of an electronic component board from a reversing camera that I had been mending. I do not have a macro lens for my 60D so that was no good, and my favourite little S95 is not a lot of use for real macro. I dug in the cupboard and found I had a Sigma macro "filter" lens and a Nikon 6T close-up attachment lens which with an adapter would fit the SX50. So I ended up with the SX50 with its permanent 58mm UV filter, then the Sigma glass, then the Nikon glass all tripod mounted pointing at the circuit board. It worked a treat. Have a look at the image and realise that the component in the centre with the 3 legs, is only about 1mm across!

Macro with SX50. The central component is 1mm wide!

SX50, Lensmate, Hoya UV,  Sigma macro, Nikon macro.

Ken from the UK now in France

Ken Croft's gear list:Ken Croft's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS 60D Canon PowerShot S95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow