1DX for amateur

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
rbarta
Regular MemberPosts: 276Gear list
Like?
Re: 1DX for amateur
In reply to Reservoir_Dog, 9 months ago

Reservoir_Dog wrote:

I want that DSLR soo much, but isnt it totally overkill for an amateur? Im not a beginner but an amateur.... Also, and i admit, a little bit gear freak

Let the comments come, and subscribe down there! (oops this isnt youtube)

Ow yes, its 2 years old, and now with the D4S, is canon going to release a newer 1D camera soon?

I'm also non-pro, but I got the 1DX.

If the 5DIII had a couple more things that I wanted I would have got that instead, and so would most everyone, the 1DX has to give something to warrant the large price.  But frankly now I'm loving the full size body of the 1DX, perfectly balanced with my lenses.

BTW, if you do get a 1DX while it is the top of the line, expect to take a major depreciation hit if you sell it after the next top of the line is introduced.  If you wait for whatever is the next, you will likely be able to pick up the 1DX for 50% off, but then as a gear junkie, you'll want the newer cam, haha.

I think I'm a gear junkie just like you.  Though I have (IMO) an awesome set of lenses, I am debating adding the 85mm f/1.2 and 135mm f/2.0.  Is it worth the cost?  You only live once and if this is your thing then $ makes no difference, money is replaceable.  I have been experimenting lately with my 50mm f/1.2 for some portraits and am falling in love with the dreamy, creamy bokeh and shallow DOF.  I'd also love a 400 f/2.8 or 500 f/4.0 and then go on a safari, it's an expensive hobby!!!

rbarta's gear list:rbarta's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow