Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,528Gear list
Like?
Re: DP1 / DP1s auction site mix-up
In reply to SigmaTog, 7 months ago

SigmaTog wrote:

Tom Schum wrote:

I sell things on ebay now and then. I take pains to practice full disclosure and any other seller on any auction site ought to also.

To me, it seems that the camera was misrepresented and you should intiate a complaint thru the auction site. But it might be nice to first contact the seller if possible and explain the issue. It is remotely possible that the seller did not really know the difference. No seller worth their salt would want a complaint arbitrated by the auction site.

If I saw a listing for a DP1s, and bought it but it turned out to be something different, I wouldn't like it. The down side is of course that you will have to send all the stuff back, which is something maybe you would rather not do. Maybe your best choice is to keep it.

It's completely up to you...

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom, the man with all the ethics................

I would say 'Thank You' to someone that sent me a reply & a long detailed instructions on converting their camera too......wouldn't you ?

ΣigmaTog

By the way, thanks for the reply! And I might know a little about what is ethical but carrying it out every day is a shaky proposition. Having sold 2-3 items on an auction site would make anyone an expert, so I must be an expert. Fortunately expertise is not a prerequisite for posting on this forum.

If you sent me long detailed instructions on converting my camera plese re-send them because I don't remember. It's nice to be getting older: the guilt about not remembering things is not so strong anymore.

Thank you.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow