Nikon D600 + new shutter (after service advisory 2/28): problem solved?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gvidal
Regular MemberPosts: 132Gear list
Like?
Nikon D600 + new shutter (after service advisory 2/28): problem solved?
4 months ago

Hi, my D600 tends to accumulate more dust than my previous cameras (which is bad for long exposures at f/16 or f/22 -that I do quite often- so that I have to clone 10-20 spots in Lightroom). But it's also true that I don't have an unusual accumulation of spots in the upper left corner.

So I wonder what to do now: send it in for a (free) shutter change or not. It's easy to find reports of people saying that the shutter change solved nothing. But perhaps Nikon has discovered the problem and implemented a definite solution (a pity Nikon is not clearer on this issue!), who knows..

If you had your shutter replaced (after 2/28), would you mind to share your experience? Is the problem finally solved? Was it worth sending the camera in?

Thanks!

Cheers, German

gvidal's gear list:gvidal's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED +4 more
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow