How are people getting on with the FLU card?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
miles500
Contributing MemberPosts: 702Gear list
Like?
How are people getting on with the FLU card?
6 months ago

I finally got my card up and working with my Nexus 7 and succeeded in retrieving the images from the card and today I thought I would try it out for real with some macro shots.  When I had remembered to switch the Nexus connection to the flu card, all went very well whilst using my Tamron 90mm.  I then tried a different angle with my Pentax 35mm and here things proved to be a nightmare - whether it has anything to do with card heating up, I do not know, but I kept losing the connection often at the point where I pressed the shutter button on the Nexus and then I had to go into the Nexus settings and check the connection again.  Even when both devices appeared to be connected, I got the flu card screen, but the image capture section was greyed out and only a series of re-connections by turning the camera on and off and rechecking and sometimes changing the Nexus connection, succeeded in getting the tethering back .  It all took a lot longer than without the flu card and although I will persevere, unless I can find a way of making sure that the camera and tablet stay connected with some reliability, I think I shall have to attempt to return the card. It may be that there are some tricks to learn about how to handle the Nexus in this environment.  I have to say that I do not find the Android system easy to use and rather regret not going for the mini ipad.

-- hide signature --

Miles500

miles500's gear list:miles500's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow