Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
havoc315
Senior MemberPosts: 1,349Gear list
Like?
SAR-- next a-mount pushed back again
5 months ago

Today, SAR has a top rated "SR-5" rumor about the next a-mount. It actually contains little information-- it will have super fast AF, may be named A77m2, and it might have mirror lockup.

But it also says: "Announcement in late Spring and in Store this Summer."

So, it was SR-5 that the a77 replacement was coming in summer 2013... Then in "very early 2014" and "first quarter 2014"... Then SR-5 "March 2014" and "next announcement after a6000"...
Then.. "March/April"..

Now.. Late Spring.. Which to me, means May-June.

So who wants to bet, that come May 2014, we start hearing rumors, "A77 replacement coming in fall!"

As I've said before, as an a-mount user and fan, I hope my suspicions are all wrong. I totally want all the doomsayers to be proven wrong.
But the longer Sony delays new a-mount products, they forfeit share of the dSLR market. And it raises the possibility they only leak positive rumors to prolong sales of a-mount lenses and remaining a- mount cameras. (Once death becomes official, they won't be able to sell anything a-mount except at bargain bin prices. Hmmm... At least that would be one good thing about death of the mount, pick up "G" lenses at 90% off.)

havoc315's gear list:havoc315's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A99 Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow